At Gladesville Eye Specialists, we place great value on the health and safety of our patients and staff. The COVID-19 pandemic has required that we adapt our service provision in line with advice from the Medical Board of Australia, NSW Health and the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists.
In accordance with recommendations, we have instituted extensive safeguards to allow our practice to remain open. Patient screening, strict hygiene practices and social distancing within the practice are observed.
- Please ensure you are not experiencing any symptoms suggestive of COVID-19 such as coughing, fever, sore throat , runny nose, headache.
- You are not waiting on the results of a COVID-19 swab
- You are not quarantining after a NSW Health directive
- All patients and visitors must wear a mask
- Provide evidence of Covid Vaccination or evidence of negative Covid test in past 72 hours (PCR/RAT)
- All staff and visitors to the practice are screened in the same way
- We are compliant with NSW Health mandates regarding staff vaccination
- QR Code check in is required for all patients and visitors to the practice
- Our waiting room has been rearranged to ensure social distancing is observed
- Infection control procedures with hospital grade disinfection of examination chairs, waiting room chairs, diagnostic equipment and all other potential contact surfaces
- Perspex screen barriers have been added to slit lamps to reduce the risk of droplet spread
- All staff wear masks, observe strict hand hygiene and maintain social distancing
- Telehealth consultations are available for appropriate patients